Looking for ways to get more customers through your front door? Here are six ways to impact your business sales … TODAY!
1. Ask for your customers’ contact info. If you let your customers know why you want to keep in touch with them (e.g., coupons, value-added information, sale dates, etc.) they will be happy to give you their contact information. However, remember, with power comes great responsibility. So let them know!
2. Ask your customers what they want you to offer. All you have to do is ask and consider their request. Asking what they want gives you a better handle on the consumer pulse AND shows that you care! Can’t do it live? Think about using a tool like SurveyMonkey.
3. Check in on your company’s culture. Audit your company’s biggest asset, your employees. Employ systems that encourage feedback … whether it’s with surveys or with mystery shoppers! Be careful with the mystery shopper idea though … since it can be taken the wrong way and cause co-worker animosity.
4. Invest in your store’s look and layout. Pick a big-brand store, like IKEA, Target, etc., and think how you can implement best-practice design and merchandising with your business. It won’t take too much money to make a big visual or merchandising impact with your business!
5. Find ways to increase your average order value. Broken down into a simple formula, if you can get your 500 customers to spend $5 more per order per month, then you will make an extra $2,500 per month. Now your numbers will be different, but you get the picture! Need some ideas? Leave a question for MarketingThink in the “Contact” section of the site.
6. Build your company’s social momentum. Use the power of community, Facebook, Twitter, etc. to find a way to communicate, connect and add value to your customers’ lives.
This list is only the beginning to start to increase your small business’ sales. If you have a question on any of these ideas? Contact MarketingThink via the Contact tab.