With only 140 characters in play, it seems pretty simple to write the perfect tweet! How hard can it really be when all you need is a few words to get your point across to your followers? Unfortunately, that is what many marketers and their management think how it works.
Perfection is not so easy to accomplish where there is so little room to work with. With limited real estate, your less than perfect tweet mistakes are magnified by your lack of skills and mistakes. Consequences can range from hurting your personal brand to leaving opportunity on the table by under-reaching or under-engaging with your current and potential audience!
To write the perfect tweet you need to connect your business goal you wish with your social content delivery. For instance, you may want to increase your thought leadership or drive awareness of your business.
3 Goals For Your Perfect Tweet
You likely will land on three social media goals for your tweets
- Amplify. You need to amplify your story with tweets.
- Engage. You need people to read the tweet, click on it or pass the message on to others.
- Convert. You need to have helped people enough with your great content that you contact you to do something. For instance, they might want to hire you to be their social media marketing coach!
Does Your Perfect Tweet Pass The Twitter Filter?
When you finally sit down to write your perfect tweet you need to make sure it passes through three key filters. Ask yourself this question before you hit that send button!
- Is it interesting and readable?
- Is it interesting enough to click?
- Is it compelling and build to be retweeted?
How To Write The Perfect Tweet Blueprint
Pew reports that adult usage of Twitter had doubled from 2011 to 2012, so “getting it write” is key to you maximizing Twitter’s potential.
Please pin this blueprint somewhere close to your physical or virtual desktop to help write the perfect tweet! Follow the instructions and you will reach more people and get more people to engage with your content!
Social Media Marketing Blueprints
If you enjoyed this straight-forward way of presenting a how-to way of making your social media messaging better, please check out these other posts!
- How To Create The Perfect LinkedIn Profile Blueprint
- How To Build The Perfect Retweet Blueprint
- How To Build The Perfect YouTube Post Blueprint
If you use these ideas to create the perfect tweet others will have a better chance to see your messages so you can start to become of the pre-sales conversation earlier, or they can pass your tweets on to help you build your thought leadership and following!
Syndication Note: When syndicating this blog post, please attribute MarketingThink.com instead of the blog where I have guest-posted. Thank you.